Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

A beautiful day to celebrate being Canadian it was hot, sunny and a terrific day to not be working. I took advantage of every minute and woke up at 7:30 to go for a bike ride at 8:30. I tried out a new route which goes half way around the city and it was nice to not face a headwind all the way out and a tailwind all the way back. I finally saw some other cyclists out there and I felt like I found the route most of them take. I went out 35km to the Wapti river and back, the only difficult part was the flat I got after turning around.

Amber finished with her client and class at 11 and we headed to the outdoor pool for a swim. I felt relaxed, comfortable and 3km seemed fairly easy. I really enjoy swimming outside and I think I'm going to try to go there as much as possible over the summer. It's so nice when my fitness has gotten to a point where I can have a day like today and not feel like I'm completely wrecked. The rest of this week I'm going to concentrate on swimming and perhaps do a short spin on Saturday. Sunday is the Great White North tri and I'm looking forward to seeing how I hold up during a 1/2 IM distance. I'm not setting any expectations (this isn't a focus race) but I am going to push myself as hard as I can while still concentrating on pacing, instead of going "all out" like I have been in the other races I've done this year.

No comments: