Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One More Month

Well there is only 31 days left until D-day, training is going well although I've been really tired and finding the motivation to keep it up has been tough. While I'm home this week I want to concentrate on my swimming and I think that is what has been sapping my strength. My swimming is coming together, completed 4kms yesterday and 3kms today, and while the weekends have been devoted to long bikes and long runs I've been trying to swim as much as possible. I really need to have a good swim in Ironman, that is what is going to set me up for a good race and the way things have been going, I should have a terrific race.

I've had an incredible year, set new personal records in every race distance this year and I know I can do the same in Louisville. I have set a high goal time for myself (9:30) but I think this is totally achievable with the level of fitness I'm at this year. All I can do is prepare to the best of my ability for the next 31 days and whatever happens on the day was the way it was meant to be. I'm going in physically and mentally strong, I just wish I wasn't so tired all the time.

1 comment:

kelly said...

That's a strong goal time. Good luck, sounds like your ready!

www.dailymile.com
social training for triathletes