Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tour BC- Stage 2, Kumsheen to Ashcroft


Today was a relatively easy day, the ride started later (8:30am) and there were no killer climbs like yesterday. I was burnt out from yesterday so I was quite happy to have a recovery day today. We didn't get a lot to eat yesterday so I mistakenly tried to eat as much as possible this morning.

The road out of Kumsheen resort is uphill and riding uphill after eating a big breakfast is not a good idea. I was burping up food for the next hour trying to get my stomach to settle down. At the first water stop I felt better but I could tell I pushed myself pretty hard yesterday. I kept it slow and steady for most of the day and let my legs recover as much as possible while on a 6 day bike tour. The climb before lunch was the toughest of the day but the gradent was't as bad so I kept my heart rate in zone 1 and 2 and had a great day.

Training for the day
Bike- 75km; 2hrs 55mins

No comments: