Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tour BC- Stage 3, Ashcroft to 100 Mile House


Today was probably the toughest day of the tour, it was 150km of mainly climbing. The day started off really well, there were two big climbs before the first water break and I didn't have any difficulty. If anything I thought I was taking it too easy, I didn't seem to be in a mood to push it at all. I also had the gearing changed on my bike and my chain was making a grinding sound the entire day which was getting on my nerves. There was nothing I could do about it while I was riding so I was just going to have to ignore it.

I made it to the lunch stop in good time and there was a beautiful view from where they set up. An incredible chasm overlooking a beautiful forested area. Amber arrived not long after me and we enjoyed a quick lunch and carried on.

We rode on the highway for another 10 or 20kms and then made a detour onto a secondary road. It was really nice not to have a lot of traffic around but the condition of the road was absolutely terrible! Chipseal highway for the next 60kms! Oh my undercarrage was hurting big time. It was already sore to begin with but that road really did me in.

The last water stop was supposed to be 30kms from the finish but unfortunately they weren't set up yet and with 20kms to go I ran out of water. Fortunately it wasn't as hot out as it has been the last couple days and the final stretch is all downhill so I just cruised in completely dehydrated and spent.

Training for the day
Bike- 151kms; 5hrs 32mins

No comments: