Thursday, May 1, 2008

Testing Out the Legs Again


It's been a full 10 days since I've been out for a run. My legs were really distroyed after the marathon and I was limping around until Thursday last week. It was definitely worth it though, I had the race of my life and of course beat Lance. However it was time to get back out there and see if I still had anything left before our first tri of the year U of A. It's a sprint race so the most important discipline for me is going to be the swim, if I fall too far behind there won't be enough time to get back into the race.

The first five kms were tough, I was running fairly fast and I wanted to stretch myself a little bit. I did my best to keep the pace up but I was really starting to feel my legs fatigue a lot sooner than they normally do. The final five kms were extremely tough but I kept my pace and had a lot of fun passing bikers on the pathway. Finished the 15kms in 58:08.

No comments: