Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Swimming Always Makes Things Better


I woke up yesterday and my body felt like I had been hit by a truck, I was completely exhausted and there was no way I was going to make it to the pool. I decided the smartest thing to do after a very busy weekend of training was to just rest. It was probably a smart decision because even though I woke up feeling rough again today, I made it to the pool and had a fairly good swim.

We are doing our first Olympic tri in 10 days so I decided it would be a good idea to 'test out' my 1500m swimming arms. I managed to get through the distance in 25mins (very good for me) but I'm sure I could get that down to 23:30 for the race. I've been feeling this strange tightness in my chest, like it is a little difficult to breathe, I'm sure it's just fatigue and taking it easy for a couple days should solve the problem.

After finishing the 1500m sprint set, another triathele I met here in town mentioned I was crusing pretty well. He said I looked very strong in the water and should be able to do quite well in the race in Hinton. That made me feel good, I wasn't all that impressed with my time but hearing that I "looked strong" was great!

I'm going to take it easy for the next couple days and have another great weekend of biking and running with AD. I have to travel all next week so the training will be spotty and I'm going to need to just get it in when I can.

1 comment: