Sunday, May 11, 2008

Epic Ride This Sunday


Today was a great ride discovering some of the "peace country" with my favorite training partner AD. We went out towards Sexsmith and it was extremely windy as we were riding straight into a headwind. Fortunately I was still fresh and it wasn't a big deal, once I turned west I was flying again. The ride out to Valhalla Centre was fast and a lot of fun, the road was a rough in some spots and as soon as I finished my first bottle my other full bottle bounced out of my cage and opened all over the road. Thankfully there was a small shop (I say that loosely as it looked more like a horder's messy house) and I grabbed some water and gatorade.

The wind was blowing north to south and as I made the turn at Valhalla I had a great tailwind. I was really moving now and the 24kms went by very fast, lots of fun! I turned onto highway 40 and struggled a little bit back home, I was eating on the ride but still ended up bonking at about 115kms. Made it home though, there weren't any mechanical issues and AD and I kept in touch over the phone so it was a great training day.

Bike; 133kms, 3:58

No comments: