Friday, May 9, 2008

Post Race Recovery

Lately after racing it seems like my body has been taking quite a while to recover. I've been trying to get back into training with the same enthusiasm as usual but after the race this past weekend I was completely spent. I did have quite a bit of travelling to do with work so that may have contributed to the fatigue a little but I'm hoping that I'll be able to bounce back a lot quicker for future races. AD and I have a lot of races planned and I can't spend all summer in "recovery mode." I'm sure as my endurance improves I'll feel a lot better, this weekend we have a couple long bike rides planned and I'd like to tie in a mid-distance/ long-distance run in there as well.

I took it easy yesterday on my run but I still have that inner voice that is constantly telling me to "GO FASTER." I guess it helps to keep my intensity up but I need to balance the intense training with some long-slow-distance, that is what is going to pay off for Ironman.

Run 21km; 1:24.00

No comments: