Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Night TT

After spending the last couple days driving all over north western Alberta for work I needed to feel the speed of my bike again. Amber and I headed out on the secondary highway behind our community and I immediately put the hammer down. For a change the wind was blowing east to west and the headwind on the way out made things really challenging. I struggled to stay over 30km/hr but rolled with the punches and managed to pull out the first 25kms in 45mins. At the turn around that's when the fun began, I was absolutely flying! I was averaging 45km/hr and managed to finish the next 25kms in 32mins.

Tomorrow we leave for Edmonton for the U of A tri. It's going to be really nice to start racing again and have that feeling of competing against other like-minded (crazy) athletes. The key for me is going to be the swim, if I have a good one it'll be a great race. I'm expecting great results!

Biking 50kms in 1:17.40

No comments: