Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Travelling and Training

It's not easy being away from home but I knew this was going to be part of my new job and I love what I do for a living. I really miss hanging out with AD but I'm trying to be as productive as possible. It's hard when you are trying to get established and you haven't developed a lot of the relationships that are necessary to be successful in business yet, but I'll get there.

Sunday was a great run/ride with Amber, I woke up feeling pretty good so I went out for a jog and ended up running 21kms in 1:25. Still felt really relaxed and easy so it was nice to finally have my legs back. After lunch Amber and I rode out to Beaverlodge and I got in 90kms in 2:42, not bad considering it was really windy. The ride out was fast and the ride back felt more like a cross wind so someone was smiling down on us that day.

I hit the road for Whitecourt later that day and I'm still here. The appointments have been going well but results are coming a lot slower than expected. I plan on doing a 60km ride before I leave for Edmonton tonight, I'll spend two days in meetings there then it's back to Whitecourt Friday and on to Hinton for the race this weekend. The first Olympic tri of the year and I'm expecting to win! I'm in great bike and running shape and my swimming has improved dramatically. A lot will depend on how I feel on the day but if training is any indication of how I'll perform, I'm expecting to do very well. I'm also really excited to see how Amber's going to do, I think she's going to surprise herself and kick some serious butt!

No comments: