Sunday, April 27, 2008

Biking, Biking, and More Biking

It was a great weekend hanging out with my best friend AD. We're still trying to recover from the marathon so we decided that taking a break from running would be a good idea. The entire week we were both limping around until Wednesday and it was obvious that the downhill part of the race really destroyed our legs. It was not fun travelling home with A LOT of luggage when your legs are extremely sore.

We felt better by Thursday, did a little spin in the basement and by Saturday we were ready to head outside for a ride. It was really windy yesterday so the ride out was incredibly fast but the ride back home was a long tough slog. Ended up completing 92km in 2:48.

Today the wind was gone but both Amber and I were so tired from yesterday that it was another tough day. It is a 50km gentle rolling ride out to a little hamlet called 'La Glace' the ride out felt great but the ride back really hurt. I struggled with a knee issue and I felt like I was seriously calorie depleted. I stopped at a gas station about 20km from home and regrouped with AD, her strength inspired me to suck-it-up and was ready to head home. The last 20km felt a lot better, 102km in 3:02.

No comments: