Sunday, April 13, 2008

Last of the Long Runs


Today was a great day even though the weather wasn't ideal. It was the last long run before Boston and nice way to sharpen up with a "race pace" run. It was surprisingly easy to run 22km, even with the strong wind and blowing snow (near the end). My intention was to run 4mins/km and I held it for most of the way. Not bad considering AD and I did a 87km bike yesterday. I'm pretty sure I should be able to hold 4mins/km in Boston and if I have anything left in the last 5km, I'm going to go for it! That is where all the hard training runs are going to pay off. My (A) goal is to finish under 3hrs, my (B) goal is to break my PR of 2:48, and my (C) goal is to beat Lance! Whatever happens I'm going to throughly enjoy the experience of being in Boston among some of the best athletes in the world and watching Amber cross the finish line, fulfilling one of her life's goals.

No comments: