Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Sufferfest Part 3

Today was supposed to be a nice, easy 2:15 run but after an incredibly difficult spin yesterday there was nothing easy about it. It started out okay, I was moving well but I knew it was going to be a tough day, my legs were weak and I was still dehydrated from yesterday. The really nice thing about today's run was there was no more ice on the pathway anymore! Yeah we've officially entered spring! I had an extreme appreciation for being outside today and even though it was quite chilly I felt a lot faster and smoother than previous weeks. I could see the beauty of the park in this town, now finally without snow covering it, and was in awe of how I am really lucky. These are the moments I really look forward to and they give me the strength to get through the next hour.

The second hour is where the "suffering" part comes in. I saw Amber just after the turn around and she was looking strong as usual which gave me the motivation to suck it up and keep pushing. I continued to shuffle along and I could tell that mentally I am prepared to push myself to the limit in the marathon. I was hitting my limit today but I kept looking ahead and giving myself little goals to reach throughout. It's going to come down to how I feel physically that day, you never know what to expect but I'll be in top running form and my weight is now down to it's lowest level since high school (159.2lbs). I'm going to push through every mile and take in the experience for everything it's worth, it's going to be incredible! Only two more weeks!

Run 32km; 2:15

No comments: