Saturday, April 5, 2008

Time Trialing Outside, Finally!


Yesterday was a great day for AD and I, the weather was finally nice enough to go for a ride outside. It was definitely worth it, we were both a little concerned and anxious to know if all the hard work we've done in bike class and in the basement has paid off. The answer was a resounding YES! There is a great secondary highway right near our place and it was a perfect day with no wind. The way out felt flat and fast and I was averaging about 37km/hr. After 20k I turned around and was surprised to see Amber so close to me, she was obviously having a great ride as well. I expected the way back to be a lot slower but to my surprise, my legs held up pretty well. I finished the 40km in 1:06, one of my best times in training and it was really gratifing to know all the hard work has paid off. Amber had a really strong ride too and she is going to be SMOKING FAST on the bike this year, we both are!

Today we did our usual 2hr spin in the basement and it was one of the hardest rides I've had in a very long time. The hard effort on Friday obviously killed my legs and I was in survival mode all morning. I was spinning at 25km/hr and was sweating like I was in a steam room. I made it to the end of the two hours thanks to AD, she kept me going even though I wanted to quit a couple of times. Thanks babe, you're the best training partner I could ever have.

No comments: