Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taper Week

I'm doing my best to hold myself back from any type of hard training, only 6 days left to Boston and I need to go in rested and fully fueled. I'm feeling really excited and anxious to get going but I'm actually enjoying the fact that my legs are not fatigued from training.

I had a rare opportunity to swim with Amber this afternoon and it was nice to have my swimming partner back. I felt strong in the water today and pulled out 3km fairly easy in about 52mins. I really want to focus on improving my swim over the next couple weeks, we only have 2 weeks after we get back from Boston to prepare for the first tri of the season, U of A. After a long year of spinning in the basement, running in crap weather, and swimming consistently in the pool I want to see that all the hard work has paid off.

Good news, Amber found an interview with Lance where he stated that his training has been inconsistent and not ideal for Boston. I hope he does well, but it would be incredible to finish in front of him.

No comments: