Saturday, November 3, 2007

Out of my Element


Life has been really tough here in "the compound" I've been just outside of King City, which is about 30 mins from Pearson airport in Toronto and it feels like the middle of no where. I've been learning a lot in regards to my new job and I'm really excited to get started, but the training is really dragging on (probably because I haven't been doing my usual- swim, bike, run with my girl as a "stress relief"). At this point I just want to get home and get back to life with AD, I really miss her.

This place is like a "white collar prison," there are four of us in the training program and none of us have left the compound in seven days! You are treated like a king here, catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner, hotel-like accommodations and snacks throughout the day, but there is nowhere to go! It's a nice facility (it used be a "fat camp") but not really appropriate for a triathlete, I ran all the trails the first day I was here in about 15 mins.

Only four more days here and I'll be back at home, back into my regular routine, I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

Hang in there babe, don't go too "all work and no play makes D a crazy boy" on me. Enjoy the time away from routine and life, soon enough you will be back in the mix of work, training and traffic!

When you get home you will get to see me...and your Newly pimped out bike!!!! I won't ask which is more exciting haha.
Love ya lots, see you soon xoxoxoxoxo