Sunday, November 25, 2007

Preparing for "long-run Sunday"

AD and I are having a great weekend, not really training because it's necessary but because we're just trying to stay in shape. Although it's still a little tough to get going when you are really comfortable sitting on the couch and you know you have to get out there for a run that your legs will hate you for. I keep telling myself that it is part of Ironman training, to make your body do a workout even though you really don't feel like it. I know I'll feel better afterwards and I don't really have any time or distance expectations right now so it's nice to run just because I love it.

Friday we did our usual swim and after taking off a week and a half from being in the water, it was a little tough. I got through 3km though and felt a lot better that I was back swimming. Yesterday we rode the bike for 2hrs I was stronger than last week, but it was AD's turn to be tired. We're getting ready to do an hour and a half run this morning and that should wrap up a great weekend of not training, but keeping in shape. I wish all Ironman training was like this weekend, I might actually have time and energy outside of triathlon to have a life.

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

good work ripping out that 28km run...in 2 hrs. You are a freak of nature. love ya.