Friday, November 9, 2007

Payment for Living the Good Life

I arrived back from TO on Wednesday and it was so nice to see AD again and be back home. The facility in King City was beautiful but really isolating, I did whatever I could to keep on track but with catered meals every afternoon and night it's really hard to resist indulging. The plane ride was long and leaving the Kingbridge Centre was the first time I'd been outside in 8 days!

Yesterday in bike class I paid for the lack of training. We did some single leg drills followed up by a short 4.8km rolling course, then 8.5km with a graduating incline 1%- 6%, by the time I hit the 4% grade I was really suffering. I could feel myself getting really lightheaded near the end and my heart rate was consistently above 160 (really high for me). I was quite disappointed to only be pushing an average of 267 watts but I knew I gave it everything I had. AD really impressed me last night, you could tell she hasn't fallen off the wagon with training, she finished right after me only 2mins back and pushed another guy in the class to the point of cracking! She had passed him on the climb and the final section was a long straight away, he was catching up to her and she put the hammer down! Pushing right to her max she was not going to let him catch her and he let up in the final 150m with a cramp. Great job babe!

It feels good to be doing something other than treadmill running and tonight we are going to do our typical long-swim Friday night date. Saturday is the CRR Edworthy cross country so than will be another 8km suffer-fest, my body is going through a little bit of training shock right now, but I know it'll get better I just have to keep at it.

No comments: