Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tour BC- Stage 3, Nakusp to Revelstoke


Well the miles are starting to take effect on my body, in a good way and bad. I felt pretty good going into today I knew it was going to be a short day but it was all climbing and desending. The first half of the ride flew by and I felt really good but another ferry ride and a lunch stop seemed to knock the 'get-up-and-go' out of my legs.

The second half was a real struggle with two big climbs but some incredible views and really fun desents. I managed to beat the luggage truck so I went out for another 15kms just to get to the 120 I'm shooting for per day. Tomorrow won't be a problem making the distance, it's the toughest day 150kms with 900m of climbing for the first 68kms. I'll try and make it a 180km day (I haven't done one of those rides yet this year!) but we'll have to see how my body holds up. Tonight I'm sitting with ice on my knee and compression socks on, hopefully that revives my aching legs. I can feel my bike fitness coming back and my metabolism is burning through all the huge meals I've been eating. I should be right on my race weight by the time this week is done.

Bike- 120kms, 4:11

No comments: