Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tour BC- Stage 2, Woodberry Resort to Nakusp


Today was another great day, a lot tougher than yesterday but really fun. My legs are definitely feeling the 280kms in two days I hope all this riding is going to pay off but I'm having so much fun that I really don't care.

I remembered to bring some music with me today so I had the motivation to turn the cranks. The ride was two big climbs with an awesome descent into New Denver and another into Nakusp. The climbs were tough but fairly shallow so it was a slow steady pace into a headwind most of the day. The good news was the morning was really cool and overheating was not a problem. Although by the afternoon on second climb the temp did hit 35'C again and I was sweating buckets. The ride was 115kms but I added a bit more and by the end of the day I managed to get in 160kms.

Nakusp is an incredibly beautiful little town with amazing mountain views and a cold, cold lake to take the edge off the heat. I did a short transition run and met Amber at the beach afterwards so I could soak my exhausted legs. We had an amazing dinner hosted by the seniors centre and I know breakfast tomorrow will be just as good. They are always so warm and welcoming here that I'm really glad this was a part of the tour again.

Bike- 160kms, 5:48
Run- 17mins

No comments: