Friday, February 27, 2009

Cervelo is in GP!

Wow you know your town has "arrived" when the local bike store has started selling Cervelo. I know it sounds stupid to most people but living in a smaller community you start to realize how hard it can be to get what you want, especially for triathletes. We have a small but dedicated tri group in GP however it's difficult for most businesses to cater to a small group. Fortunately one of our members works at a sports store and he pushes the owners to stock some more tri gear and now he's convinced them to stock Cervelo. I'm not saying I would ever give up my Griffen! Nothing compares to the ride of a Griffen but it's always nice to see more tri gear in town.

This week has been tough with training, Sunday I wasn't feeling well and blew off our usual hard spin. Monday I did a light spin but still didn't feel great. Tuesday and Wednesday I took off, still feeling a bit rough but after 10hrs sleep Wednesday night I started to feel better. Yesterday I did my first bit of training and I felt like I was trying to make up for the week. I'm in High Level this week so it's impossible to bike or swim but I managed to do a hard run on the treadmill;
9.0 m/hr for 10 minutes
10.0 m/hr for 20 minutes
9.0 m/hr for 15 minutes
10.0 m/hr for 5 minutes
8.5 m/hr for the final 10 minutes
It took everything I had to complete the second 10 m/hr set but I made it and I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm looking forward to a great weekend with AD, Harley and some tri friends, I would like to get a couple days of solid training before I hit the road again next week.

Found this picture of Lance's TT bike, pretty sweet but I'm still a Griffen fan through and through.


My bike is better, it's just the rider that needs some work.


1 comment:

Nadeen Halls said...

JR's gonna love to read this post :)