Monday, February 23, 2009

Rest Weekend

After a great week of training and feeling really good early on the two-a-days were starting to catch up with me. Amber and I had a fantastic birthday celebration but the next day my body was starting to really slow down. Friday we went for a swim and I knew right afterwards that I was in trouble, my glands were swollen and I was really, really tired. I thought I could just take it easy for the next couple days and it would pass but it took an entire weekend of me sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing (other than an easy run with the GP crew) for me to feel better.

Today I was back on the bike for an easy spin and I am starting to get back to normal. Still a little sluggish but I'm bouncing back quickly and should be back to doing two-a-day workouts again in a couple weeks.

Friday we went to a great '80s party and I had a chance to dress silly and listen to some great retro music. I loved the '80s!!

No comments: