Friday, February 6, 2009

It's February Already?

I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me like January just flew by. I'm still not used to it being 2009 (and me being 36 years old) and we're already in the second month of the year. Oh well 2009 has been great so far. I only missed 4 days of training all month, that's 27 days of swimming, biking or running. Not bad considering we had some brutally cold weather during the first part of the year.

Things have been going well with work and I've managed to put our cluster near the top of the pack for Alberta in new investment dollars closed for the first quarter of the year. That's good because 2008 was a difficult year and transitioning from Calgary to Grande Prairie half-way through the year was very difficult. There were times when I was so broke I couldn't afford to stay in a hotel in the branches I was visiting and I just ended up sleeping in my car. However now things are going well and I'm really, really happy Amber and I made the move up here. She has been my inspiration and I'm very proud of her for making such a difference in her clients' lives.

I'm finishing my Jasper-Edson-Whitecourt trip and the roads look a little crappy today but fortunately they clear them often and it shouldn't pose a problem (stop worrying babe). I'm very happy that I've been able to get in some good training while on the road; I did a tough hour on the stationary bike in Jasper and ran two hours on the treadmill yesterday here in Whitecourt. I hope to get in another hour on my bike when I get home but it depends on when Amber wants to start the weekend celebration with a glass of wine. I love the weekend!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

Ok....I am ready to start NOW!!! But you are on the bike! I guess I can wait *sigh*