Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Going to Rock the Swim This Year!!!


I'm really starting to get used to swimming in the morning now. Amber started a 6am bootcamp on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and I've been trying to use it as motivation to get to the pool during those days. It's so nice to see every other triathlete in town at that time and I don't feel like I'm doing this all alone. My swimming has come a long way and my "feel" for the water is getting much better. I can push a little longer at the end of the workout and my dolphin kick off the wall takes me a lot further. I haven't actually timed myself in an all out effort but Duncan (fellow triathele) timed us for a 750m time trial on Sunday and said we were moving really well (1:38/100m). I'll take it for February.

The only downside of getting up early is that I'm exhausted by 8pm. Amber already thinks I'm an old man because I like to go to bed at 10:00 but if I keep this up I'm going to have to crash at 8:30 (sorry babe).

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

When you were away last week I was in bed by 8:30 every night :-)

Naomi Rae Nicholson said...

That's okay Darin. Greg and I are asleep every night by 9-9:30pm because of our 5:30am pool dates. I prefer 8:30-9:00pm, actually, but I feel that half hour helps me feel more like the "normal" folk of the world...LOL. :) Today is a treat! Long weekend = 11:00pm Sunday bedtime...yup, we're living on the edge tonight. Ha ha!
Smiles,
Naomi :)