Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Very Important Weekend

Yesterday was a very special day for me, it was two years ago I met the love of my life and every day since has been a true blessing. I met Amber at a CIBC conference and after knowing her for less than a week I knew she was the one for me. I was really apprehensive going up to her and talking to her but her keynote that day was about stepping out of your comfort zone and expanding the possibilities in your life and I took it to heart. I took a chance and talked to her about our shared passion, Ironman. It's been a bond for us every since and we've shared some incredible moments together doing what we love. The 7 hour bike rides preparing for Ironman 2007, the 3 hour runs in the freezing cold Grande Prairie winter preparing for the Boston Marathon 2008, or my favorite moment; proposing to Amber on her 30th birthday in Canmore during a bike ride to Banff. I know that our lives together will have a lot of incredible moments and I look forward to having Amber beside me all the way, I love you babe and I will make you happy every day of our lives.

No comments: