Friday, June 27, 2008

Riding in Paradise


It's been a long week being away from Amber, this week I did my two days in Whitecourt, one day in Edson and one day in Jasper. Jasper was the highlight of the entire trip and it makes the whole week worth it. As soon as I drove into the mountains I felt like I was home. The weather was a really windy and cold when I arrived but after dinner things cleared up and I was able to go for a ride.

I started out down the icefields parkway and I was just going to do a short one so I veered off towards Marmot Basin. It was one of the most beautiful rides I think I have ever done! A lot of climbing and some incredible views! There was some spectacular waterfalls and amazing vistas. I only saw three or four cars the entire ride so I felt like I had a closed road. I only brought one water bottle and it was getting a little cold out so I turned around at 30km and had a great ride back. I just wish Amber was there with me, next time babe I promise.

No comments: