Sunday, June 8, 2008

Needing AD for Energy Today


Today was a tough, tough ride. The wind was out in full force and we were planning on doing a long ride today but after the first 40km I was ready to call it a day. I was spent after facing a 40km/h headwind and getting absolutely no where. I remembered something Amber told me "the wind will just make us stronger and the winds in Hawaii are relentlous" well I guess I better get used to it riding in northern Alberta. I'm committed to doing whatever it takes to get to Hawaii but days like today really test me. I wasn't in a good mood to start with, my legs were really tired from yesterday and the wind and road conditions were horrible.

I made it to Beaverlodge and I was going to turn around but AD convinced me to go another 20kms to Hythe, she wanted to get in a "long ride" which meant doing 100km+. I'm glad she did because I started to feel a little better and after getting to Hythe I hit 60km and then had the wind at my back. The ride home was fast and a lot of fun but I was still really tired. I managed to get through the day and felt good to get in 120km on a day I was really, really struggling. I owe this training day to AD, she was the one to keep me going, thanks babe.

No comments: