Thursday, June 5, 2008

Looking For Inspiration


After the Boston Marathon I've been having difficulty focusing on training on a consistent basis. Although I've still been working out regularly, I haven't felt a sense of urgency about Louisville yet. I know it's impossible to stay motivated every month of the year or even 6 months of the year but I've felt really depleted and tired after the race in Hinton last weekend and after the race in Edmonton. All the travelling with work has made it difficult to stay focused on training and to maintain a routine that I can get into.

I had a fairly average 15km run today and coming home I needed something to re-energize me and get me thinking about the big volume coming in the next couple months. I could tell Amber has been feeling the same way and usually we help each other get out of our training funk but it's difficult when we are both tired.

I looked back at some older posts on my blog and I was inspired by the video of Lance on my blog February 18th. That video always makes me feel excited about training and competition, about pushing yourself to new heights and finding levels within yourself you never thought possible. To me he was the master at preparation and knowing what he needed to do to get ready for his focus race. I've included the video on the side menu as the 4th video "for anyone searching for a little inspiration."

I feel focused again and excited to set two more personal bests this year, one at the Stony Plain 1/2 Ironman and the other at Ironman Louisville. I know I'll do it, thanks Lance.

1 comment:

Welcome said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.