Monday, February 18, 2008

Still Feeling It After a Week


Today I did one of my last runs around the resevoir, one of my favorite places to run in Calgary and one of the things I am going to miss about living here. I'm looking forward to finding new places to run and new adventures but I grew up here and all of my suffering has been laid out on the pathways in this city. I wanted to get in a good 2 hour effort and it took everything in me to get through it. I started with the resevoir loop and after the first 30 minutes I could tell it was going to be a tough day. I kept it slow and steady but I was thinking of calling it a day after finishing the 17km loop in 1 hour 20 minutes, my legs were a lot more tired than usual. I obviously am still fatigued after the 1/2 marathon last week. I kept going out to Stanley Park and managed to struggle through another 40 minutes. The last hill on the way home was especially tough but I managed to keep motivated with my music and the thought of doing well in Boston.

Run for the day; 2 hours 5 minutes- 28.6km.

No comments: