Friday, February 8, 2008

Now We're Into the Serious Biking

Yesterday Amber and I were not feeling so hot going into bike class (which is never a good thing) and AD was walking out the door completely resisting. I was a bit apprehensive myself as I've taken some time off this week to try and get my body back to feeling strong again. Tonight was not a night to not be feeling your best, it was a long 16.09km rolling climb and I was red-lining for 30:53. I didn't have my same pep and I could tell I was in trouble when I was really breathing heavy during the easy spin before the computrainer is turned on! The workouts have felt fairly short up until today and it was like TCR said, okay there is only 8 weeks left, time to start hard training tonight. Amber and I only have 3 weeks left in Calgary and we're going to miss our usual Thursday night bike class. I'm sure we'll make some great connections up in Grande Prairie but saying good-bye to our lives in Calgary is tough.

This weekend is the Hypothermic Half marathon and although it's not a focus race, it is a good barometer as to how much work I need to do to prepare for Boston. If I run a 1:25 I have a lot of work to do, if I run a 1:20 I'm on track with my training, and if I'm below 1:20 I'll just need to concentrate on building in some long runs for endurance.

No comments: