Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hard Training is Starting to Take it's Toll

Yesterday Amber and I went for a little swim in the afternoon after our superbowl party at home on Sunday and I felt like hell. I normally have this desire to push myself even on those days that I feel rough but yesterday I just did not want to train. Rather than continue with a poor workout I just called it a day after 1500m and spent the rest of the day recovering. We had a long bike ride on Sunday and that combined with 9 beers took it's toll on me Monday. I'm starting to feel a little better today but still a little sluggish. I'm just going to spin easy tonight and do some active recovery, I want to make sure I'm feeling better for Thursday's bike class and Sunday's race!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

9 beers when you haven't been drinking for the last year and a half is like trying to race an ironman with no training...ouch.
ya lush ;-)