Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Into the Intensity Again

Lately I've been feeling a little slow and as if I haven't had an opportunity to really push hard in the water or on the run. Today was a different story. Usually I save my intensity for bike class but today I just felt as if I needed to release some pent up energy. I found out that my Grandfather passed away today and although I'm really sad to see him go, he just was not the same guy I remember when I was a kid. He was 92 years old and in really bad health. He lived a terrific life, taught me that you can accomplish anything in your life if you work your ass off for it and that is exactly what he did every day. He loved everyone around him and he was one of the funniest guys I've ever met, not that he intended to be funny but he just had such an "old school" approach to life that things he said just made everyone laugh. I'll miss you Grandpa.

3.5km swim in 60 minutes and 12 x 400m intervals in 1:20. Tough work, but my tribute to Grandpa.

No comments: