Saturday, January 19, 2008

How to Turn a Triathlete into a Runner in 13 Weeks

Today was quite a test, my legs were still sore from our weights/run on Wednesday and bike class on Thursday and it was our long ride this morning. Three hours watching the IM world championships for 1999 and 2000, in '99 Lori Bowden won for the women and in 2000 Peter Reid won for the men. Althought now it seems like the race coverage is getting less and less and the inspiring stories are becoming more frequent. On the bike it's just nice to watch the race. AD kept me going for most of the ride as I was starting to fade with an hour to go. We had a nice suprise and Alan (a fellow trail runner) joined us for the last 90mins of the ride, thanks for keeping us going Alan!

I've started detailing my marathon training schedule for the next 13 weeks. Amber printed off a schedule from runner's world detailing a perfect marathon peak. It looks great and I'm going to follow it closely, I tend to do a lot better in races when I know I've done everything possible to prepare and peak properly. So the next 13 weeks are going to be mainly about running but of course the main race this year is IM Louisville. It'll just be a real lifetime accomplishment to beat Lance and that's exactly what I'm going to do!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

Since you are actually a runner, posing as a triathlete, it shouldn't be a big stretch to regain your running roots.
Kick some Armstrong ass baby.