Sunday, August 10, 2008

Recovery Weekend

This past week has been really tough, we trained hard in Jasper for Amber's birthday long weekend and I had a difficult training week trying to sharpen up before Louisville. I was hoping to get in some good training this weekend too but Amber's cousin was getting married in North Battleford and we really needed to make an appearance. I think it was a good thing I didn't have a lot of time to train, my body was completely exhausted and I spent most of the weekend sleeping and eating. I didn't realize how tired I was until I stopped and took a break. Lesson learned; even though you may feel mentally strong and ready to rock, physically you can't keep pushing it without some down-time.

This weekend made me realize that I may tend to push my body a little too hard at times. That's probably why I have been having my best year ever but you can't keep doing that and not expect to break down at times. I'm really glad to have a short rest before Louisville, I'm going to have another great training week (on the road), a fun training weekend with AD and one last speed-focused week before game time! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Nadeen Halls said...

Hey D - Thanks for the well wishes. It is great to be out here now. It still doesn't feel very real. Maybe once IMC is over and we actually have to work :( Good job on the training you guys are going to kick some serious a$$. Looking forward to reading about your race. As for us ... it's been a tough go with training. It's going to be a long day ... and into the night for me for sure. Junior is going to have a great day - but I won't get to see him till the end. At least we can walk home from the finish line. Well ... hopefully :)