Monday, August 11, 2008

Training for Speed


Well after spending a lot of time driving the past few days I finally got back on track today and spent a little time doing some speed work. The past weekend was a bit of a write off for training, we were at a wonderful wedding for Amber's cousin. I only managed a 52 minute run on Saturday and felt like complete crap, someone replaced my legs with cement blocks. However I had some much needed rest and it showed today.

I did a 90km loop by our place and pounded it out in 2:27! Kept my heart rate in zone 2 for most of the ride so I should be able to, potentially do that twice. The heat is going to be the determining factor for me, it was only 15 degrees today and it'll probably be twice that in Louisville. Came off the bike and did a 10km run in 37:30 feeling really good, except for the usual side cramp. I'm getting used to it but it still hurts like hell, it feels like someone is stabbing me in the right side.

Good news I received the stem and speedsuit I've been waiting for so now I'm geared up and ready to go!

No comments: