Thursday, August 28, 2008

Having Fun In Louisville

Amber and I made it to Louisville on Monday and other than a few mishaps; my bag was missing and we were booked into the wrong hotel, things are going really well. I did end up getting my bag the next day and we changed our hotel from the outskirts of the city to downtown. The people in Louisville are incredibly friendly and very helpful. It's a terrific town, full of life and very, very hot and humid this time of year.

Today we checked in and took a look around the expo, I bought Amber a speedsuit and picked up some other miscellaneous things we're going to need for Sunday. The defining thing for me this race is going to be making sure I stick with my nutrition plan. With the heat here I'm going to have to drink about 1L to 1.5L/hr and take 2 grams of salt/hr. That's a lot of salt! but I have a tendency to be hyponatremic so I definitely need it.

It's a great atmosphere in town today, the Ironmen have officially invaded and although it is a big city you can really tell that it is Ironman weekend coming up. Amber and I did a swim at the YMCA this morning and a brief bike to the shoe store to pick up some runners that she can actually run in. I'm extremely excited to get going but I have to keep the energy under control and we'll do an open water swim tomorrow and on Saturday and then it's time to GO! I'm number 1069, great number!

No comments: