Thursday, March 6, 2008

Starting to Settle In

Amber and I have moved to our new home in Grande Prairie and are very excited to start our new life here. Things have been a little difficult, just getting used to a new town and smaller centre but we are both very optimistic and excited to see what the future will hold.

Training last weekend was a complete write-off, we were both so tired from moving and unpacking that any training would have not have done us any good anyway. Now that we've done the majority of settling in, desk is set up, couch is delivered, training area is set up, and most of everything is unpacked we're starting to get back into it. I did a swim yesterday morning and I could not believe how busy it was at 6:30am! Fortunately by 7 most of the people had emptied out and I was able to get in a good 3km. Later that day I came home and had a nice ride with Amber on the trainers for an hour. Tuesday I wanted to check out the running in GP and there is a really nice pathway through the town which should be ideal for running and only a 12min jog from our place. I managed to get in 21km in 1:35, not the fastest run but okay for just getting back into things.

I'm on my first of many road trips today, staying in Whitecourt and I'm hoping that I'll find a nice place to run around here as well.

No comments: