Sunday, March 23, 2008

Getting Through the Tough Days

This weekend was a tough one for me, I was probably a little tired from last week's 40k effort and the brick on Friday. I wasn't feeling too peppy on Saturday and AD was still not 100% so we just did an easy spin for an hour. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and vegging out together.

Today was unusually difficult I planned on doing an easy 2hr run but after 30mins I knew it was not going to happen today. My legs were really heavy and tired and it was one of those efforts in which every step was tough. I kept at it for 45mins but at that point I could feel myself bonking a little and I knew I had to turn around. I slowed down quite a bit and the second half was very, very slow. I gutted out the final 20mins and ended up only doing 21.1km in 1:34.00. It's these tough efforts than are going to make me stronger in Boston, I just have to be patient and remember there is a reason I'm periodizing my training.

I found this pic of Amber and my first date, it brought back some great memories and made me realize how lucky I am.

No comments: