Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday Brick

Today was a nice day to have off work. AD and I were hoping to do our first ride outside this weekend but the northern air is still a little brisk and it'll have to wait. Amber woke up feeling less than 100% after a tough week of training and decided to rest and recover. Good idea babe, you'll bounce back quickly.

I decided to take it easy on the bike while watching the 1992 Ironman. Mark Allen was so amazing, in a year where he had shown a lot of weakness he always showed up in Hawaii and destroyed the competition. I kept it in zone 2 and felt great. I felt so great that I changed and headed outside for a 10km run. The legs took a while to warm up but I obviously was running strong, finished the 10k in 37:47! The speed is there, I just need to keep working on the endurance for Boston, 30 days and counting.

No comments: