Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bouncing Back to Normal

After a tough, tough run this Sunday I was a little worried at how I was going to respond this week but my body pulled through and I was stronger than ever. Monday I jumped on the trainer for 90mins and felt phenomenal I was holding 32 to 33km/hr and was comfortable for most of the ride. Normally that pace is very, very hard to hold and I settle in at 30km/hr. I can feel my pedal stroke getting stronger and smoother and it is requiring less effort to do the same speed (depending on the day of course). I'm really itching to get outside though, it's been cool and windy here and not quite riding weather yet but the sun is shining and the snow is melting so it's getting closer. Next Tuesday is the first ride for the bike club here "the Wheelers" they hold 20 and 40km TT's every Tuesday which will be great to keep the intensity up and to meet a few more people in the community.

Tuesday I had to force myself out of bed to get to the pool but I'm glad I did because the lack of swimming is starting to show. 3km is not as easy as it used to be and I'm going to have to get my butt in the pool a lot more often over the next 5 weeks if I want to do well in our first race. The U of A tri is May 4th and because it is only a sprint, a poor swim means a poor race. You cannot be 3 or 4 minutes behind in the swim and expect to make it up in the bike and run, it is just not long enough. AD didn't get an opportunity to swim like she planned so we did an hour interval session on the trainers that hurt like hell thanks to Chris Carmichael. I haven't pushed myself like that since bike class but it's nice to know I still can.

No comments: