Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Discovering a New Pool

Today it was really difficult to get in a good workout. I always find it hard to train when I'm travelling, for some reason driving makes me really tired. I had to go to Fox Creek for appointments today and then on to Whitecourt for my appointments tomorrow. It's about 300km in the car so it does take a toll, but after completing my work and having dinner at Boston Pizza I needed to do something with my evening. I checked out the local pool and they had lane swimming from 8-9:30, the facility was surprisingly not too bad for such a small town. It's a six lane 25 meter pool nothing special, but for a town with only 9000 people, it rivals Grande Prairie's facility.

I took it easy trying to recover from this weekend's long run but managed to get in 3kms in 55 minutes, not too bad for a recovery swim. Tomorrow I'm going to try to explore some of the places to run around here, I love finding new and challenging trails.

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

Good work babe, it is going to take creativity and extra dedication to train while traveling, but if anyone can adapt and thrive, it is YOU.

I miss you, looking forward to our first outdoor ride of the year this weekend!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO