Monday, December 17, 2007

Another great Weekend of Racing and Training


Amber and I had another great weekend, competing in the fifth race of the Calgary Road Runners cross country series, finally receiving my Tour de France DVDs and spending 2 1/2 hours on the trainer watching them. The race went really well for me, I did my best to stay with the two leaders, Luke Way and Trev Williams for as long as I could but they ended up dropping me on the first major climb, damn! I paid for my early effort for the rest of the race, struggling to just keep running as the terrain was hilly for the next 6.5km. I managed to hold off a strong chaser for third, so far that's three thirds and a fourth, fairly consistent but we'll see how I complete the season over the next couple races.

Sunday AD wanted to do 2 1/2 hours on the trainer and I'm always up for a long ride but it was a real struggle. Fortunately we had footage of the 1989 tour, one of the greatest tours in history with Greg Lemond winning in the final time trial by 8 seconds and the race that first made me interested in the tour. We also watched the 2003 tour, Lance's 5th victory and another great race. The last 1/2 hour was really hard as we were both starting to bonk, but made it with nothing left.

Another hard 1hr ride tonight and it wrapped up a great three days of training. Just in time to rest for the holiday's.

No comments: