Saturday, November 22, 2008

Great Week of Training

This week was a good training week, I did quite a bit of biking and running during the week and one swim on Wednesday but the real tough day was today. I took Harley out in the morning to meet the Saturday morning running group and he was really funny to run with. He always needs to be in front and he's always really excited to be running with a group. All the guys like to have him around as much as he likes to hang with the boys. We did an easy 11km run and he was ready for more but I new I had a tough bike in our basement so I took it easy.

When we got home Amber had everything set up and ready to go, today was "Have Mercy part 2" and I knew it was going to be very, very tough. We had four other GP triathletes join us in our basement for the 2 hour workout but they started dropping like flies after an hour and a half. In the end it was just Amber, myself, and Robert another hardcore athlete with a great love for triathlon. Coach Troy really made us suffer today, 2 hours of some tough and long intervals (without a lot of rest) and it was capped off with some power sets, ouch!

No comments: