Saturday, November 29, 2008

Delinquent Blogger

Yes it's been a while since my last post but it seems that in the winter the focused training just isn't there. It's okay (and actually healthy) not to be too dedicated in training this time of year but this week I completely took a break. I did my usual 90 minute run with Harley on Sunday but after that, I didn't do a thing until Friday. I was on the road for most of the week so I didn't beat myself up too much for taking time off. I thought I might get in a couple swims this week but I'm in the middle of taking a course and the combination of studying and working eats up the majority of the day.

It was nice to come home Thursday night to Amber and Harley, I always miss them when I'm away. Harley and I had our usual Friday night run and I'm making progress in teaching him to run along side me and not freak out every time he sees another dog. Amber is the best 'doggy momma' she really does a lot of research and education about dog training and it's helpful to learn from her. He's a real happy member of our family and we love having him in our lives.

Today we went out for a group run with the GP running club and Harley loves running with the everyone. He soaks up the attention and is in his element when he's running, he must be a Hunter!! After the run we had a group of 6 other athletes in our basement for the weekly trainer ride and we are getting real close to capacity. It's great to have everyone over but I would hate to have to turn people away, it's so nice to have other people around to keep you motivated when you are struggling. This week was an "Aero Base Builder" ride so it wasn't too bad. Everything was in the aerobic zone, which was great for me this week. We'll have two more weeks of focused training rides with everyone and then we decided to spend the weekend of December 19-22 in Jasper. Get Harley out in the mountains and try out some x-country skiing again!!

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

we miss you babe, I'm glad you're coming home tomorrow