Thursday, September 13, 2007

Obsessed!

Ever since I've been in "recovery mode" and haven't been able to train like I'm used to and I've been trying to throw myself into my work as much as possible. However, I've been preoccupied with thoughts of "pimping out" my bike. I took it to Kam this week to tear it down to the frame so I can send it to Griffen to have it re-painted. I'm going to go with a custom black and red prizmatique with red decals, it's going to look hot!

I've also been looking into upgrading the accessories, FSA crank and chain rings, FSA seat, new Oval Concepts areobars and I'm just getting started.

I really want to throw myself into bike training this year, Amber and I made such good progress through last year and I it paid off BIG TIME at IMC. This year I want to shoot for a 5hr bike time and set myself up to feel strong on the run. We're joining the bike classes through TCR sport lab again and plan on doing the BC tour as a ramp up in bike training. I've heard over the years of training from a lot of triathletes, and I agree, that the stronger you are on the bike, the stronger you will be on the run.

I'm going to try to ignore my bike obsession for the next little while and get back to the gym tonight to start slowly back into it. AD and I really want to concentrate on the weights more over this winter, it will pay off when we're ready to go this April and everyone else is just starting back.

I'll keep you updated on the new "pimped out" ride, JR you would be proud! You're going to want the Griffen back after I'm done with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude..is this new...I love it - I am going to add both Amber and your blogs to my links!

Let me know about that paint job and extra goodies...I am sooo jealous! ;-)

What is this about a new job? Congrats to you - but that sucks - was hoping to do some training together next year! Give us the details!