Sunday, September 23, 2007

Back in the Gym

Yesterday AD and I went to Mount Royal and today we're both REALLY feeling it. We warmed up with a good spin on the bike and Amber did some upper body work while I concentrated on my legs. It felt really good to get back at it and release some pent up energy, we both walked out feeling so good and refreshed. However today we're paying the price, AD is having trouble moving her arms and yesterday couldn't wash her hair very well. I'm having trouble getting down the stairs and every time I move after sitting around for a while, it HURTS. Part of the fun I guess.

In other news AD and I drove up to Cardel place yesterday to pick up an award I was completely surprised to receive from the Alberta Triathlon Association, "age group male athlete of the year." It was definitely a great way to cap off a perfect season.

I appreciate the recognition, I feel with all the hard work both Amber and I put in this season, that we both deserved one but having one of us win was great. A special thanks to my biggest support and inspiration AD, I love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A great finish to a great season - nice recognition my friend - soak it in! Hope you are able to walk better tomorrow...