Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time to be Jealous JR!!!


Here is the 2009 Griffen, thanks so much for selling me this bike JR!!! I'm extremely happy to have the bike of my dreams and I'm soooo glad my buddy JR decided to become a Cervelo rider and sell me his Griffen at a great price. This is the new racing machine for the 2009 season and with this bike I better be FAST!

This weekend I arrived back in GP Friday night after a boring conference in Canmore for two days. It was so frustrating being in the beautiful mountains for two days and to be stuck in a conference room all day. I was really glad to see Amber again and even though the weather was a slap in the face on Saturday morning, it was snowing again, we made the most of it and suffered in the basement on the trainers for 1hr 38mins.

Today I went out with Harley in another snowstorm and we had an easy run for an hour, completing 15kms fairly easy. He was great to run with in the cold weather and I'm a little worried about running with him in the heat of the summer. I think I'm going to have to take him out early in the morning before it gets very hot. I'm sure he'll be fine I just need to pay attention to how he feels.

I'm only a couple weeks away from the first race of the season and three weeks away from the first tri of the season. I'm really excited to see how things are going to play out this year but I'm not putting any pressure on myself. I'll do my best in every race and whatever happens I'll be happy with. After all the hard training all winter I still have a great appreciation for the journey and the race results will take care of themselves. I'm just glad to have a wonderful family who supports my passion and knows how much triathlon adds to my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey...I did tell you that I was just "loaning" that bike to you right? I think the contract is almost over - so you can drop it off the next time you guys are out here!

That thing looks absolutely MEAN! You are going to scare 1/2 the field away with just the bike and the other 1/2 after they see your splits!

You are going to rock this season ... and we wouldn't expect anything less from the superstar family!!! Especially now with your secret weapon - Harley the wonder training partner!!! (After AD of course... ;-))