Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Running with Harley


Today was a great run with Harley he's such a great training partner, except when we run into another dog! He still freaks out whenever he catches the scent or sight of another dog but it teaches me to be firm and not spoil him too much. When I feel fast, he's up for a fast effort and when I feel slow, he's okay with just trotting along beside me. I felt like stretching my legs out today and seeing what I had in me now that the weather has warmed up a bit. It's so nice to feel fast, when it's cold out I always feel slow even though I'm giving it 100%. The warm weather makes me want to go!!!

Harley was really excited and the first 7.5kms flew by in 28:30. However the fast pace and the warm weather was starting to tire him out and by the time we reached 10kms I was dragging him behind me. I let him rest for a while and get a quick drink and he seemed to be okay. We finished up the 15kms in 58:00! Including a couple traffic lights and a poo break (for Harley not me). He panted for about an hour and is now K.O.'ed on the floor.

No comments: