Monday, May 4, 2009

Summer-time, Summer-time!!!

Well it's not quite summer but it sure felt like it this weekend. It was incredible to have 20'C weather a week after it was snowing!! Unbelievable!! Amber and I definitely wanted to be outside this weekend. Friday I went for a swim in the morning and saw a lot of tri geeks there, everyone was obviously feeling the pressure to sharpen up their swim, including me. It's definitely my weakest discipline but I've made soooo much progress in the last couple years that I feel like I can actually "race" in the water and not be left in everyone's wake.

Friday night I went out for a TT with the new race wheels and got a flat (of course). I used my spare and unfortunately the valve was broken so I was stranded with no phone. After about 20 minutes I managed to flag someone down and used their phone to call Amber to pick me up. It was going to be a long night if Amber wasn't around, thanks babe.

Saturday I met the runners for a 90 minute easy run with Harley in tow and then for a 90km ride with Amber in the afternoon. It was a great day, sunny and beautiful and I was feeling great on the bike. The headwind on the way out didn't bother me and I completed the ride in 2:39, not bad for this time of year. Although I was definitely spent at the end, still need to work on that endurance.

Sunday I met a few of the guys for a hill workout, it was great but by that time my legs were done. I still managed to get up 4 major climbs and complete the 77kms in 2:34. Not quite as fast as Saturday's ride but considering the weekend volume, I feel like the training is starting to pay off.

No comments: