Friday, May 22, 2009

Giro ITT


Yesterday was a tough 60km ITT in the Giro D'Italia and although Lance struggled, he still had a solid 13th place finish. I'm fairly certain that he's not really treating this race as his "A priority" race but just using it as a warm up for the Tour. Levi looked great out there placing second in a tough, tough stage (very hilly) and is set up well to win.

I took some inspiration from those guys and went out for a hilly 70km ride of my own and finally felt comfortable riding 2 hours. It's been a bit of a struggle trying to build my endurance during the early spring but my speed has been great! I feel a lot stronger than I used too but I seem to gas-out after 80-100kms. I know it's just due to early season weakness because I haven't been riding outside, but slowly I've felt better and better out there. I've been averaging 90-100kms for the last month and last Saturday I managed to get in 120km before the snow fell. Tomorrow I was hoping to do 160km ride but Dennis convinced me to follow his plan and do 140kms with a 20 minute T-run, I'm okay with that too. I did a 20 minute run with Harley yesterday after the ride and felt pretty good. Although it's a real challenge wrestling with him everytime we pass another dog, I'm glad that's not a part of racing!

No comments: